Narrative Skills Interventions in Speech Pathology
Narrative difficulties in children are indicative of social-communication as well as academic deficits. Narrative interventions with a focus on improving microstructural and macrostructural abilities can significantly improve the students’ functioning in the areas of oral language, reading, and writing. This webinar will describe specific narrative intervention targets based on narrative stages. It will discuss the hierarchy of narrative intervention targets as well as explain where the learners can find and adapt a variety of free/low cost materials for narrative intervention purposes.
5 mins - Disclosures, Introduction
25 mins - Review of current research
50 mins - Objectives
1. Discuss current findings on narrative research
2. Explain the impact of narrative interventions on academic performance
3. List components of effective narrative instruction
4. Identify specific narrative intervention targets with respect to macro and microstructural elements
5. Explain how to incorporate components of narrative instruction into speech language therapy sessions
30 mins - Results and Recommendations
10 mins - Q&A
ASHA: 0.2 ASHA CEUs,
CA SLPAHB: 2 hrs
CMH: 2 hrs
- Discuss current findings on narrative research
- Explain the impact of narrative interventions on academic performance
- List components of effective narrative instruction
- Identify specific narrative intervention targets with respect to macro and microstructural elements
- Explain how to incorporate components of narrative instruction into speech language therapy sessions
Satisfactory Course Completion Requirements
This course must be watched in its entirety. In order to receive the CMH or the CEU certificate, a quiz is required to be completed with 80% success.
Our Guarantee. Lavi Institute seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality educational services for the speech pathology industry. If you attend one of our seminars or webinars and do not receive the educational and professional benefits described in our literature, or have some other professional complaint, please let us know in writing within seven days of attending our seminars/webinars. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service. Lavi Institute is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible. You may contact us at www.laviinstitute.com/contact
Accommodations. Contact Dr. Lavi (909) 724-8564 or [email protected] if you require accommodations such as video course transcripts or video captioning.