Evidenced Based Use of Animated Films to Target Language Goals
Evidence based interventions in language and literacy disorders do not have to be boring. High quality therapeutic interactions can be accomplished in therapy sessions with a focus on using animated films and computer generation animation. This webinar will discuss how to target numerous therapeutic goals via the use of salient therapeutic content. It will discuss components of EBP therapeutic interventions as well as describe best target selection options for language and literacy purposes during contextualized therapy intervention sessions.
5 mins - Disclosures, Introduction
25 mins - Review of current research
50 mins - Objectives
1. Discuss current research on contextualized therapy intervention
2. Explain the impact of contextualized therapy intervention on academic performance
3. List components of effective EBP interventions
4. Identify specific intervention targets applicable to the usage of animated films
5. Access free animated film resources
30 mins - Results and Recommendations
10 mins - Q&A
ASHA: 0.2 ASHA CEUs,
CA SLPAHB: 2 hrs
CMH: 2 hrs
- Discuss current research on contextualized therapy intervention
- Explain the impact of contextualized therapy intervention on academic performance
- List components of effective EBP interventions
- Identify specific intervention targets applicable to the usage of animated films
- Access free animated film resources
Satisfactory Course Completion Requirements
This course must be watched in its entirety. In order to receive the CMH or the CEU certificate, a quiz is required to be completed with 80% success.
Our Guarantee. Lavi Institute seeks to maintain and enhance our reputation of providing you with high quality educational services for the speech pathology industry. If you attend one of our seminars or webinars and do not receive the educational and professional benefits described in our literature, or have some other professional complaint, please let us know in writing within seven days of attending our seminars/webinars. We value complaints as they assist us to improve our products, services and customer service. Lavi Institute is committed to being responsive to the needs and concerns of our customers or potential customers and to resolving your complaint as quickly as possible. You may contact us at www.laviinstitute.com/contact
Accommodations. Contact Dr. Lavi (909) 724-8564 or [email protected] if you require accommodations such as video course transcripts or video captioning.